Saturday, March 17, 2012

3/16 & 3/17

Easy three yesterday; it was supposed to be 4 but Luke woke up at 2.5 and was practically in hysterics by the time I got to three...and I figured I should go easy on my knee since I was planning a longer run for today.  Stopped at 1.5 to start Jooj's story; just under 9:00/mile.

Ran along the river tonight with Neil on a trail that neither of us had run before; it was a mix of asphalt, brick, concrete, sand, dirt, mulch, mud, etc.  Fun to see and SO awesome to run with Neil--it was just a lovely night.  We took our time and paused to check out the cool murals painted underneath the bridges, the random cars submerged up to their steering wheels in sand (we were guessing from the style of the cars that there was a big flood in the 50s or 60s that washed them up against the riverbank), and a bunch of historical markers.  It was nice not to stress about my pace.  We even checked out the canal displays (at least I did while Neil went to the bathroom) at the Amtrak station and I learned that the Wabash-Erie canal used to flow right where I was standing!  

And best of all--both runs were PAIN FREE with my brace!!! (except at the very end when we started running again and I'd been standing around waiting for Neil).

3 miles yesterday and 6+ miles today

No comments:

Post a Comment