Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/8 & 10/9

Starting tapering!  Hurray!  We're almost there.

Ran three last night; I was pretty tired so I didn't really start to enjoy the run until the last half-mile, at which point I thought about continuing, but I still had a ton of grading to do and it was dark enough that it was hard to see.

Ran a lovely seven this morning.  I'm not timing myself anymore, on the advice of more experienced pregnant runners, so I don't really know what my pace was, but it took me 71 minutes to run 7 miles, stop for water 4 times, find someone to unlock the nature center bathroom and then use the bathroom.  So I think that's pretty good. 

In our original plan we were going to run 12 today, but I'm glad we decided to just do 7 (Neil actually only ran 6, haha I won!) because all our kids are so sick that we couldn't have left them with anyone else, we have the longest to-do list today that we've had in months, and I just plain don't want to run run 12 miles by myself.  So I'm really happy with today's run.  Now I have to go mow the lawn.  The end. 

STATS:  3 miles 10/8, 7 miles 10/9

No comments:

Post a Comment