Monday, October 18, 2010

10/18

First post-race run today.  I wasn't very stiff after the race--at least not right away.  By about eight o'clock that night, my hips and knees were starting to feel like the bones were grinding against each other in their sockets, and I was pretty uncomfortable for awhile.  I ended up going to bed with heating pads on my knees and hips and managed to get up in the middle of the night only by walking along the wall for the first five steps.  I definitely prefer running on trails to crowned asphalt roads.

I felt a lot better today, but I still didn't want to run.  But I did in the end, mostly because I felt like I could run a shorter distance tonight and not feel guilty about it since I could play the "two days after race" card. 

STATS:  3 miles; 8:56/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment