Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/28

Whew!  The running is getting difficult these days--not the run itself, but just finding time.  The children--the blessed, blessed, saintly children--have started sleeping in until 8 am.  Neil leaves at 6 and I go back to sleep until 8, so I think I'm officially saying goodbye to my morning runs.  I loved having the run over and being ready to go early in the day, but the extra two hours of sleep is making all the difference in the world. 

So naptime runs it is, although I worry about running on the treadmill for the baby's sake, since it's so much hotter than running outside.  I run with the window open and the fan on, but I really hope that things are okay for the baby?  Anybody know on this?  I've thought about running in the evenings, but I usually tend to be pretty nauseated at that point, so if I leave the run until the end of the day, it's just about impossible to make myself go (plus I don't want to leave when Neil is finally home!)

I feel like I've said this before, but pregnancy running is challenging for me, what with the exhaustion, the nausea, and the generally lower energy.  Every run is a victory, which sounds a little odd, but it's true.  So even if I don't keep running as long as I'd like, I'm proud of myself for just making it this far.  And hopefully farther. 

STATS:  4 miles; 9:05/mile (slower today because I honestly felt pretty lousy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment