Wednesday, July 14, 2010

need another blog

Do I really need yet ANOTHER blog?

Probably not, but I want someplace to record my running info so I don't bore everyone on my regular blogs.

I signed up this morning for two more races:  the Indy half-marathon on October 16th and a 10K on Sept. 18th. 

I have about two weeks before I need to start hard-core training for the half-marathon.  My running buddy has been out of town for three weeks, so I haven't been doing my regular 5-mile runs outside.  Instead, I've been working on speedwork and hills on the treadmill inside.  Boring and I hate the treadmill and I hate running at home with the kids running around (always makes me feel guilty) but hopefully I'll be faster and stronger when I get back outside!

Today I'm doing an easy run:  4 miles with alternating hill intervals (level 4 and level 0) every two minutes at 7 mph (roughly 8:34 per mile).

My half-marathon goal time is 1:55, which works out to about 8:46 per mile.  If I can run 8-minute miles on the flat parts and 8:30 miles on the hills during training, I will be in great shape for my goal pace.  Right now I can run about two and half miles at 8 minutes per mile before I need to slow it down to 8:30 miles; the hills courses I've just run at 8:34 throughout.  I can tell I definitely need to do more hills, because it is not very fun at all. 

Stats for today:  4 miles (treadmill), hills course level 1, 8:34 per mile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment