Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7/28

Another training run today, but again, with Neil--nice to be with him, although both of us were groggy enough that we didn't really talk much.  We cut across a field near our house, looped the bog, then ran through the woods trails.  It was hot and muggy and the trail was littered with all kinds of branches from the most recent storm, so our pace wasn't as quick as it would have been on a level track, but I wanted to run more hills, so the woods were good for that.

I'm wondering if I should bump up the "recommended" mileage to my normal mileage--I feel like I'm backtracking by only running 3 miles where I'm used to doing 5.  Then again, I'm adding in another 2 runs a week--one speedwork and one long run, so I guess it all works out.  I've also been going to bed pretty late with my family here, so I've been tired enough that the short runs are very welcome. 

STATS:  3 miles, hilly trail runs, 26 minutes for 8:40/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment