Friday, July 16, 2010

7/16

I ran outside this morning for the first time in 3 weeks--my running buddy didn't show up, but I was glad I'd gone anyway.  It's good to have my run over by 7 am.

I really wish I had a GPS watch or some way of tracking my pace.  This morning I ran 4 miles in about 35 minutes, which more than a minute and a half slower than I run on the treadmill.  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's frustrating to add that extra thirty seconds per mile, because I KNOW I could run faster if I knew, you know?  I don't want to shell out the $300 for a GPS watch, however, so I think I'll look into more affordable options.

In other news, since I was running by myself this morning I ran on a path near the road, rather than the woods.  And surprisingly enough, there are people driving by at 6:30 am who are more than happy to honk and catcall.  Which after three kids, is kind of good for my self-esteem, in a weird sort of way.

STATS:  4 miles, 8:45 per mile, flattish paved course

No comments:

Post a Comment