Friday, July 23, 2010

7/23

SO hot today!  We have a severe heat warning here, and I could already feel it at 6 am.  It was pretty miserable.  I read on runnersworld.com that you should slow your pace thirty seconds a mile for every 5 degrees over 65, so we slowed it down today and it was still hard to breathe through the heat and humidity. 

My running partner is still recovering from vacation, so I ran another 1.16 miles when I got home so that I could get in some more miles and pick up my pace.

STATS:  5.16 miles, no idea on pace because we stood around talking afterwards.  I am really excited for my birthday present so I can track my pace!!!  (I did run a lot faster when I got home...)

2 comments:

  1. Are you getting a Garmin??? I got one for Mother's Day and I am in love! It's so nice being able to check my exact pace, distance, time, etc. whenever during my run I'd like!

    I'm excited to read some snippets on here as I started my training for my first 1/2 a week ago.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, I ended up getting an iPod nano and the Nike + sport kit...which Garmin do you have?

    ReplyDelete