Wednesday, June 7, 2017

6/7

Crap, I keep forgetting to post here. Just going to copy and paste my FB running group posts:

Today: Happy running day, y'all! 7 for me tonight (yeah, my morning run didn't happen, thanks to a certain very small person). Kind of a weird run--did the first 2.6 on the TM waiting for DH (we had one of those nights where we were all over town for kids' games), then combined errands with running and literally ran to the store for milk (and yes, I did buckle the milk in because I didn't want it to fall out!). Big bright moon and lots of stars tonight!

Yesterday: 
5 easy ones on the TM today that sucked--I was too hot, I was really tired and my legs felt like lead (I was too jazzed up from my run last night and couldn't fall asleep until 3 am), and I got interrupted about a thousand times. Tomorrow I'm getting up at the crack of dawn and getting my run done before my kids wake up, because this late-night after they're in bed/TM when they're all home thing is NOT sustainable.

Monday: 
10 for me tonight--surprisingly still a decent amount of light when I finished up at 10:30! Really nice run with a good breeze and it had cooled off enough to be very pleasant. Ran at 4-hr MP +40 seconds for the first 6 (treadmill) and then slowly accelerated over the last 4 miles to run the last mile at MP (outside). Which was comfortable but not exactly a pace I'm excited about holding for 26.2...I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I want to shoot for a sub-4 marathon, which is the goal lurking in the back of my mind.

Saturday: 
10.2 today and I really feel like I fought for those! Hah! 4 early this morning on the TM and then baby Matthew put an end to my run; did all the baseball games and yard work and finished up painting all the interior doors in my house--got totally worn out, but did another 6.2 after the kids were in bed (4 outside and 2.2 on the TM).

Friday: 
Easy 5.5 today. My right IT band and hip have really been bugging me the last week (I think from carrying my fat little baby while hiking!) so I didn't want to push anything.

And I think that catches me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment