Saturday, June 24, 2017

6/25

6.3 on Friday

13.1 for me this morning (couldn't stop at 13!). Ran too fast at 9:38 instead of 10:30, which is the pace I THINK I should be targeting for LRs if I want to average 9:09 for the marathon. I am really struggling to keep my pace down (I seriously felt like I was hard-core plodding along and I kept slowing down over and over). I was pretty tired by mile 10, and the last four miles were 9:36, 9:39, 9:31, and 9:22. I really don't know if I should MAKE myself slow down, or just run by feel--those last 4 miles felt very slow to me, and I was surprised that I was hitting the same average pace I'd been getting for the majority of the run. Anyway, I'd love anyone's two cents on that since I'm still inexperienced on marathon pacing. The whole run today I was just running by feel and trying to slow down every time I saw my watch.
40.1 for me this week/130.1 for the month

No comments:

Post a Comment