Monday, November 14, 2016

11/14

7 with a 40-minute baby break at 4 miles (first 4 @10/mile, last 3 at 9:44/mile). In other news, I'm seriously thinking about doing the local marathon on April 1 that does the loop course 26 times...it's close enough that it would remove a lot of the baby-logistics-concerns stuff. If I do I would probably pick a lower-mileage plan and not do more than 40ish a week while really focusing on weight loss and strength...can I reasonably train on that? If I get in to Chicago that's going to be my big goal race next year, so this would be more about gradually building my mileage base before Chicago training.

2 comments:

  1. 26 loops!! I am trying to decide if that would be good or bad. I hope you win the lottery for Chicago!
    You inspire me to reconsider trying a half marathon again. I had very disappointing experiences the two times I have done one. I struggle with the mental toughness distance requires and I am a type 1 diabetic, which adds in all sorts of variables. BUT...maybe...
    Nice job on all of the recent mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's kind of crazy! I ran the half last year and 13 loops were interesting mentally. I hope you are able to enjoy a half if that's what you decide to do!! Keep me posted!!!

    ReplyDelete