Saturday, August 22, 2015

8/22 & 8/21

8/21: 7.1 with strides on the treadmill. First 5.5 miles were about 10:10/mile, then 8x100 strides to finish out the last mile and a half. Felt good during the run but a little stiff afterwards, probably from speedwork after ST the previous day.

8/22: 18.74 miles over bike paths, dirt trails, and concrete. Didn't sleep much at all the previous night, despite taking melatonin and going to bed early--just too worried about the run the next day, especially since my training program has always had me doing 4 easy before a long run, not 7 with speedwork. Anyway, ran 7.5 at around 10/mile down to meet up with the trail running group; they were splitting into a 9/mile group and a 12/mile group, so I went with the 9 and got in a good 6.26 miles of marathon-pace miles (actually a little faster than MP). It was really nice to get some actual dirt miles in there and I felt pretty good until the last mile or so and then as the conversation lagged I had a half-mile or so of wondering if I was going to throw up (I had been talking so much that I hadn't been drinking), so I just focused on rehydrating. Then I split from the group to run home, since I knew I was already over mileage but my stupid Garmin quit AGAIN. Ran 5.13 home...no idea on pace but I think it was still pretty good--closer to 9/mile than 10 (so probably too fast).

Total for the week: 50.84 miles (new record!) and 148.84 for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment