Friday, May 25, 2012

5/25

Just a quick update--my knee was mind-blowingly painful after Monday's run, so on Tuesday I made an appointment with a new trainer who told me not to run until I see her (she's in Michigan, so it's a couple of weeks away, but I saw her when I was pregnant and really want to work with someone who actually trains runners/women who have had babies, as opposed to the crappy trainers at Purdue who are like, who has babies? Who runs?).  Anyway.

So I took Tuesday off because I was seriously hobbling all day.  It was awful.  I had to have a hot compress to sleep because the ice didn't do a thing.

Wednesday I biked 7 miles, then came home and mowed the lawn.

Thursday I biked 4 miles but pulling 3 of the kids that time, over a hilly route against the wind.  I was taking the kids to their friend's house and was planning to bike over to pick them up, but I was so exhausted! (Plus my backside hurt because I haven't biked in forever).

Today I biked just under 7 miles, again with 3 of the kids, to the playground for a picnic.  I must say that while I know biking isn't anywhere near the workout that running is, it's sure nice to fit it in as part of my day and have it as time with the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment