Monday, May 21, 2012

Changing pace

I've still been running (hit a nice 5 tonight that felt pretty darn great) but I haven't been blogging about it because I've found that I've been stressed about reporting on the runs.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but there it is.  My knee has been giving me a ton of pain lately (I only ran twice last week because it was hurting so much and I knew I needed to rest it before spending the weekend hiking).  I've decided that I am going to start doing my PT exercises again, only run at night when I have a ton of time to stretch and ice (as opposed to morning/mid-afternoon frantic racing-the-clock runs), and not blog about it so that if I feel like my knee needs to go 10 seconds a mile slower, I can do it without feeling the pressure of having to blog that time and thereby refusing to run it.

There's an inaugural half-marathon going right by my house this fall.  I'd like to run it, but my first priority right now is running pain-free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment