Monday, June 4, 2012

6/4

Another week, another update.  Last week I decided to try running--just a bit--and I ran a leisurely three miles.  No pain the next day, which I spent driving to Tennessee.  The day after that I spent hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains.  I felt fine for most of the day and then my knee started hurting the last mile (of four or five--hiking up a crazy steep broken trail in totally trashed old running shoes, packing Luke on my back).  The next day after that I spent walking around Dollywood (amusement park) and no issues there.  And then the next day I didn't do any hiking (go-karts, shopping, and the longest nap ever when I totally crashed--so crashed that I fell asleep on a hard wooden porch swing in a freezing-cold breeze) and the day after that we drove home.

So I ran tonight--it had been a good week since my last run.  My knee gave a few twinges but it didn't ache like it did a couple of weeks ago--hopefully the rest is helping?  Started off slow (10/mile) and worked up to 8:34/mile.  3 miles at an average pace of 9:20, stopped for water, and then finished the last mile at an average pace of 8:37/mile, then walked another third of a mile to cool down. I really miss running and I SO hope that the trainer I'm seeing on Friday can help me figure out how to fix this!
Off to ice...(so, so, so sick of icing).

No comments:

Post a Comment