Monday, June 13, 2011

best part of the day

enough said with the title, right?  Long long long day, blissful run.  All I could think about the entire time was how peaceful I felt out there pounding the pavement.  I ran a new route with some good uphill and downhill, which was fun, and the weather was perfect--breezy and cool.  It was the kind of run where you feel so invigorated and totally in love with running--where you just want to keep going and never stop because it's so perfect and energizing and you feel like you could run forever. 

4 miles; 9:15/mile


forgot to write about last Thursday's run, which was kind of lame--it looked like it was going to storm, so I just ran 4 miles around our neighborhood (boring boring boring) while it thundered and drizzled.  no Midwest monsoon, so I might as well have run something fun.



***
In other news, I'm going to try for at least 3 runs this week (although my in-laws are coming Thursday so it may be tricky fitting the last run in) because I have GOT to get higher mileage--I'm worried that I'm going to start gaining weight, if I haven't already, because my activity level isn't nearly as high as it was when I was pregnant, and when I'm tired and up too late (baby who likes midnight) I eat too much sugary food.  And I keep baking desserts to try to say "I love you" to my family with food because I feel like I'm cranky and short on quality time with everyone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment