Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/21

Treadmill again today--so hot outside!  And the treadmill is finally fixed, thanks to the ingenuity and diligence of my dear husband, who spent $25 on parts for a repair that the treadmill company said would cost $350 in parts from them (to replace the circuit board entirely, whereas Neil was able to just replace the damaged components on the board). 

I've started looking around for something to train for this fall--I'm thinking at least a 10K; much as I'd like to do a half-marathon I don't know if I can manage to squeeze out the time.  It would be difficult to run a 2-hour race with a baby who nurses every 2 hours (travel time would be a real issue as well).  We'll see.  Anyway, he's 6 weeks old this week, and I'm hoping to finally be able to bump up the runs.  I don't think I've been able to even run 3 times a week up until last week.  So my plan is to run at least 3 times a week for a few weeks, then bump that up to 4, and be able to start training 5 days a week at the end of July.  Depending on how my body does & how that impacts nursing.

I tried to push a little more on speed today & didn't take any water breaks (I was afraid that if the treadmill stopped Luke would wake up) and I think I do need to drink during the run--I've got a bit of a headache now.

STATS:  4 miles; 9:06/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment