Monday, April 25, 2011

running at night--yuck

Since I'm pretty much incapacitated in the evenings when I run afternoons, I've been running more frequently at night.  I really hate doing this.  I feel like I'm putting it off all day, which makes me cranky and short-tempered, plus I want to rush everyone into bed so I can finish my run early enough to go to bed at a decent hour.  I don't know whether it's better to limp around all afternoon and get the run over with, or to be able to walk without pain but then still have it to do at the end of the day when I really just want to crash.  Ho-hum.  (I definitely prefer running in the afternoon and taking a bath in the evening to soak away the achiness, but it's probably nicer for my family to have me not randomly collapsing as I walk, which tends to happen rather frequently if I run in the afternoon.) 

STATS:  6 miles; 3 walking in the afternoon and 3 running in the evening.  Running was hard tonight; I had to stop at .4 miles to go to the bathroom, at 1.1 miles to figure out why Isaac and Juliet were screaming at each other, at 1.4 miles to go to the bathroom again (seriously, I hate this!!) and then finished out the 3 miles.  Average pace running 10:46; so slow...I took it back up to 9:50 at the end but the contractions started, and I really can't have this baby until after Saturday, so we'll hold at the slow end until then. 

**I'm probably going to post more frequently now at the end, since I want a good record of the end of my pregnancy for the next time around.

1 comment: