Wednesday, April 20, 2011

37 weeks

After Monday's run I had contractions and back pain until midnight, so I promised Neil I would scale back today.  (Plus it was Abigail's birthday and I wanted to be functioning, not aching.)

So I walked 3 miles this afternoon, then started running after the children were in bed.  I ran 1 mile and started having contractions about halfway through; by the end of the mile it was bad enough that I couldn't run through it anymore.  I walked four minutes, ran another 1/2 mile, walked four, and ran another 1/2 mile (at which point I had promised Neil I would stop, plus the nerve in my right leg was going crazy and I would definitely have fallen had I been running outside without the treadmill bar to grab), then walked to finish out the last mile.  Five minutes seems to be the manageable point; much longer than that and the hurting starts. 

I'm not sure what my plan is from here on out.  I definitely can't run four miles straight.  I'm wondering if I should run intervals, run at a slower pace, or just walk for a week and then start running again (I really need to grade the final papers for this semester before I have a baby!).  We'll see.

STATS:  6 miles; ran 2 (9:50/mile), walked 4

**Reading over this I sound a little crazy.  I don't know why I'm still pushing to run at this point other than I can't imagine not running for a month...or two...

1 comment: