Wednesday, April 13, 2011

36 weeks

Yikes!  Every day I think that was the last run.  Contractions are picking up afterwards, my sciatic nerve is making it pretty painful while I run, and my hips and back are aching so much afterward.  I can't decide if I'm just pushing through or being stupid.  I've run 496 miles this pregnancy; once I hit 500...we'll see.  I won't be able to run again until Monday because of everything we have going on tomorrow, Friday, and Sat., so we'll see how I'm feeling then.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm wondering if they'll finally ask me to restrict my level of activity, depending on how the exam goes (what a lovely thing to look forward to). 

Ran 1.1 miles today, walked for 4 minutes, ran another 1.9 miles, stopped to check on Jooj and then ran .3 miles before I realized I really HAD to walk to keep the contractions down, walked 4 minutes, then ran the last .7 miles.  It's like a total mind game keeping track of everything.  Walked to cool down and finish out the 5 miles.  I definitely missed the race adrenaline and the fun of running outside from Saturday...I'm really looking forward to more outside runs. 

STATS:  4 miles; 9:52ish/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment