Wednesday, November 17, 2010

11/17

Saw my OB today, who gave me the go-ahead to keep running.  She told me she was impressed by my level of fitness, which made me feel so warm and toasty inside, especially since I haven't been feeling particularly fit lately!  She was so supportive, which was wonderful. 

I ran four miles tonight after the kids were in bed and felt fantastic.  I love running so much; I'm so glad that I can keep going for awhile!  I need to order a support band in the next month or so, I think--from what I've read they help you keep your speed up as the pregnancy progresses. 

Lately I've been reading natural childbirthing stories while I run, in an effort to educate myself more about the positive aspects of labor (as opposed to the horror stories that I have heard countless times).  I think it's a nice idea in the abstract, but the reality is that I keep laughing aloud as I'm running and reading particularly choice sentences to Neil.  Which is probably not going to help in achieving the desired effect of calmness and serenity (but really, when someone is talking about how all the midwives mooed with them and it was the best thing ever--seriously?)

No comments:

Post a Comment