Saturday, August 26, 2017

8/26

Second 20 done--yay! I was actually pretty worried about how this one was going to go when I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Baby Meb woke up at 5 and I fed him, then lay there drifting in and out of sleep until my alarm went off at 6. I was just not feeling great and really struggled to choke down a banana (literally--it took me 20 minutes!). When I started out it was so cold and I shivered for the first few miles until the sun came up--this weather is amazing! First mile had me worried at 11:06 (I was shooting for 10:30) and I picked the pace up a little bit and the next one was 9: 57. I leapfrogged back and forth for the next 17 miles between 9:50 and 10:06. Ran miles 9-15 with my friend, then my phone battery died on me when I tried to restart my podcasts at mile 16. I was pretty bored but just focused on trying to run strong since the last mile was mostly uphill, and ended up with an 8:54 20th mile. All in all I'm pretty happy with this one! I also carried the Nathan handheld and really liked it, except my achy shoulder is telling me that extra weight was unwelcome! Now for yoga and the foam roller!
55 for the week, 199 for the month so far. This is on track to be my highest mileage month ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment