Saturday, January 23, 2016

1/23 and rest of week

1/20: First no-stop run today! 3 miles in 32:43, then walked half a mile to cool down. Walked 2 miles last night a few hours after the 14 bike. Leg was kind of achy this morning but totally fine after the run. I think this means my body is a little too good at producing endorphins. Can't wait for that MRI so I can have some peace of mind and stop second-guessing everything.

1/21: Crappy SRD

1/22: 4 miles in 44 flat this morning, plus arm weights. No stops and this is my longest run since IMM! Leg felt much better, so I decided to just start slow (12/mile) and just see how I did, since I would have more time for a longer bike ride tomorrow and would rather fit the run in today. Gradually increased speed over a couple of miles as I warmed up and then settled around 10:46/mile...no pain and felt like I could run forever, but I decided to limit myself to only 1 additional mile. Now fingers crossed that I keep feeling good today and tomorrow!

1/23: 
OUTSIDE today with DH! Somewhere between 4.5 and 5 miles (Garmin battery was low and quit right after we turned around); most running but a few 2-minute walk breaks towards the end (shin ached on the uphills after 3 miles, so I walked those). About 4 miles was on trails and it was SO great to be out in the woods again, especially doing some off-trail bushwhacking. I probably pushed it a little much doing a longer run like this back-to-back with the 4 yesterday, but we got some kind of crazy news yesterday about one of our kids and we both really needed the mental clarity of a trails run. So I have no regrets. :-) Arm weights to finish at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment