Saturday, January 3, 2015

New year, new goals

This has been my worst year so far injury-wise; my plantar fasciitis is still wretchedly painful and plagues every step I take every day. I think I'm starting to see related injuries as my body tries to compensate; lately I've been having hip, back, and knee pain as well.

So...my goal for this year is to bring my body back into balance and alignment. I've focused so much on running that I've neglected  lots of other muscle groups and I've started to make sloppy food choices because I figure I can just burn off the calories quickly (like the time I ate a giant piece of cake 16 miles into a 20-mile run because I was so insanely hungry I couldn't even think about taking the time to find something better to eat!).

Anyway, I'm still going to run 3-4 times a week, depending on how my body is feeling, but I am going to focus on other exercise that works other muscle groups. I'm also going to really zero in on my eating habits and get down to a weight where I really feel great about myself, instead of just a weight where I can run a long time.

So. Daily updates are my goal--here we go! For now I'm just going to log exercise; I may start logging food, sleep, and water intake later, depending on how stressful it is to keep tabs on all of that.

1/1/2015: Rest day after two running days
1/2/2015: Ran 4 miles; walked 1 to cool down, severe hip pain later that evening that lasted into the next day and affected sleep
1/3/2015: 90 minutes yoga, walked 3 miles. Hip pain better after yoga, shins aching while walking, but this was alleviated with lots of hill work.

No comments:

Post a Comment