Saturday, January 26, 2013

27 weeks

I've really been struggling with back, stomach, and tailbone pain lately...yesterday I hurt so much that I couldn't even sit at the dinner table and had to go lie down to eat dinner.  Needless to say, I didn't run yesterday since I pretty much spent every possible moment lying down.  I did run Monday and Wednesday and had pretty normal runs (around 9:40/mile?).

Ran today, but I was still struggling with the cramping, so I had to stop after 3/10 of a mile and walk to finish out the mile--I tried to start running again after I'd been walking for about 2 minutes and I just couldn't because the pain in my stomach was so bad. After the mile mark I started running again very slowly (12/mile) and ran half a mile, then got some water, then ran another 1.7 miles, all the while slowly working my speed up.  Stopped for water again at 3.2 miles and then finished out the 4 miles, still working my speed up until I was running at 9:11/mile to finish.

It's frustrating because this seems like it's becoming a pattern--I start out at about 10/mile and then I have really horrible cramping for about a mile, and then I can work up until I'm finishing around 8:49/mile, but it takes the whole run for my body to adjust again!  And then the pain is so bad a few hours after I run...sigh.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment