Friday, January 11, 2013

25 weeks

Huge relief that my last run was not replicated today!  Started out at 10/mile and felt a little uncomfortable, so after 3 minutes I took it down to 10:42 for two minutes, and then gradually worked up to 9:31/mile.  Stopped at 1.5 miles to start a batch of bread, then ran a bit more, working up to 9:13/mile, then stopped at 2.8 miles to turn off the mixer and start the bread rising.  Finished out the remaining 1.2 miles (up to 9:05).  Average pace for the entire run, including the slow-down time from stopping was 9:32, which isn't great, but isn't too shabby either.

(And to continue the running-as-mom theme, after my run I went right in and got Luke up from his nap, made everyone a snack of apple slices and raisins, and sat down, all nice and sweaty (with one kid on my lap and the other three smooshed up against me) and read them Greek myths for 20 minutes while they ate snacks.  Not exactly the schedule of an elite racer, but hey...I'm running!)

No comments:

Post a Comment