Tuesday, May 17, 2011

first post-baby run

I've been feeling really jittery over having gone without running for so long--this is the longest I've gone in years, literally.  My last run was a week ago yesterday.

I was pretty excited to run without the baby!  I ran pretty hard today too (not hard if you're training for something, but hard considering I just gave birth five days ago), so I didn't run as far as I might have otherwise.  I started out at 10:00/mile and gradually worked up to 9:13/mile (overall pace was 9:45).  I ran most of it straight through (had to stop 2 minutes in to adjust workout gear and then at 3.3 because I was seized by sudden irrational fear that Luke had stopped breathing, so I ran to go check on him and then ran back).

STATS:  4 miles; 9:45/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment