Monday, May 23, 2011

5/23

I'm trying to come up with a plan and I think I'm going to focus on interval training until I get my speed back up.  I'm looking for a 10K to run in the fall (much as I'd love to do a half-marathon I don't think I can swing it with a baby nursing every couple of hours, but we'll see how he does this summer--plus everyone we traded with for long runs is moving in the next couple of months) to motivate myself--and to lose those baby pounds (which means I should find a decent scale somewhere; mine isn't super-accurate but I think I have about eight pounds to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight). 

Intervals today:  3 minutes at 9:31/mile and 2 minutes at 9:49/mile.  Starting off slowly, but I don't want to burn out and I'd like to add in a 4th day of running as well...we'll see how things go.

STATS:  4 miles; overall pace about 9:38/mile (stopped once at 1 mile mark to check on Luke, then ran the remaining 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment