Wednesday, March 30, 2011

34 weeks

I hope this is good training for labor, because I think I'm developing some serious willpower.  That's what running is coming down to for me these days.

Today I ran 3.2 miles, then I helped Juliet turn over her tape, walked for 4 minutes while I gulped down water, and ran my remaining eight-tenths of a mile.  The first few minutes of the run are SO hard for me!  I told myself that if I still felt as tired and yucky and dragging, I could stop after half a mile, walk for a minute, and then run again.  And then, minute by minute, I just talked myself into keeping going until I hit that 3.2 mile mark (also a lot easier to make myself start running again when there's less than a mile to go).

I'm starting to really worry about labor.  It's keeping me up at night.  Hopefully I can sleep better tonight after this run, because I've been struggling the last few days.  I can't believe I still have six weeks left...this feels like the longest pregnancy ever, probably because of all the problems and ultrasounds and doctor/hospital visits during the first trimester.

But if I can make myself run for another minute when I'm tired and my legs ache and my stomach feels weird, I can make it through contractions, right?

STATS:  4 miles; 9:50/mile, plus 1 mile walking to cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment