Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 weeks

Oh man!  I don't know how much longer I can keep running--my joints are REALLY starting to protest.  The running itself usually isn't that bad, but I usually have to take a hot bath every night to just soak away all the achiness.  I didn't run last Friday because we were driving up to Chicago (and I knew how much I would be hurting the next day, and I didn't want to be limping and grimacing all around the Field Museum, plus the 8 hours in the car and 2 hours sitting at the temple.  And it was SO nice to have a couple of days totally free from pain.)  I'm going to talk to my doctor about this tomorrow; I can make it work with the baths and the yoga to keep the pain at a manageable level, but I don't want to do any long-term damage.  I have this nightmare vision of irreparably stretched ligaments or something like that. 

Anyway, today I started to feel a little cramping in my stomach while I was running.  When it didn't go away, I stopped and took a drink and then finished up the last mile without incident.  But it makes me worry a little about how much longer I can go.  Any thoughts?

4 miles; 9:37 mile (slower at first and then speeding up for the last mile after my break)

No comments:

Post a Comment