Monday, December 16, 2013

12/16: Long run

I figured that as long as I have "long runs" scheduled that are actually still pretty short I might as well do them on Monday nights...it seems like I have more time & energy then. Running outside is impossible right now since there is about 8 inches of snow and ice all over.

So I ran on the treadmill and just tried to do lots of hills to simulate being outside. I think it actually ended up being much hillier than any runs I normally do. I ran it more slowly than I usually do (per the advice on the Hal Higdon training--he said 30-90 seconds slower per mile for the long runs than what you're planning for the actual race. I figured slow and steady with hill work is better than speediness on the flat...I hope!)  Anyway, ran the 7 with no stops in 67 minutes, so about 9:34/mile. Kept it at level 1 incline for all the "flat" parts and then just slowly went up and down (2,3,4,5,4,3,2) every mile or so for a minute at each incline level.

No comments:

Post a Comment