Wednesday, February 2, 2011

26 weeks

Whew!  I wasn't sure if today's run was actually going to happen--I had some sort of stomach bug this morning that made me pretty uncomfortable for a few hours.  When I very first started running at my normal "start pace" (8:49/mile), I thought I was going to pass out.  I slowed down to a ten-minute mile, and it just got worse, so after a grand total of two minutes I got off the treadmill, drank some water, and readjusted that stupid support belt.  I stopped again for water @ 1.6 miles and 3.4 miles, and finished the four at 36:30 (not too bad considering how long it takes the treadmill to get up to speed again.  I probably didn't need that second water break, but it tasted a lot better than stomach acid (you're welcome for that little detail). 

I am still in that "every day is hard to run" thing, but I'm still going.  When this pregnancy very first started, I wanted to at least run until 28 weeks, so I'm hopeful that I can finish the whole pregnancy out (will I still be running 4 miles?  We'll see).  I am a little worried though because my hips and back always hurt a lot the night that I run, but a hot bath and yoga the next day usually take care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment