Monday, May 23, 2022

Here we go again!

 Okay, I'm going to try this thing again because I'm starting marathon training again today and it's harder for me to write this down in the paper logs. 

Quick overview--I'm going to try less running and more cross-training and strength, so only 3 (maybe 4) days a week of running in hopes to avoid injury. The plan I'm looking at is Hal Higdon's 24-week 3 days of running plan, so it starts today for my November race. 

I just ran a half a couple weeks ago; I was training on endurance but not on pace. Had some major stomach issues the day of the race and finished in 1:58:14 which I felt good about considering the day and the way my training had gone (I had 3 weeks of travel in the 6 weeks leading up to the race).

Anyway, here we go for today. The plan was a 3-mile run and 30 min strength; I ended up running 8.5 and doing 30 min of strength (strength for runners on the Peloton app). 

I've been struggling with keeping my heart rate down since having Covid in January; what feels like an easy pace to my legs has a much higher HR than I'd like. 

Data from my Apple watch:

Run: 8.5 miles
Pace: 9:47
HR: 154
Cadence: 157
Temperature: 51 degrees and overcast

Strength for runners: 30 min after the run 



No comments:

Post a Comment