Tuesday, February 27, 2018

2/27

Have I seriously not posted since November??!!

I've been running consistently, if patchily here and there. Had to take off a couple of weeks due to absolutely unbearable plantar fasciitis pain...it's better, but definitely not healed. Then I got influenza a week after I started running again. It was so hard coming back from that--I ran 3 times the first week, 4 times the second, and hopefully back to 5 this week.

I've decided that instead of training for longer distances, I'm going to work on getting faster over shorter distances. High-intensity shorter runs will just work better for my life right now and I'm really feeling like I need to mix it up more--I'm tired of being injured and I want to work on more strength training and yoga. So that's what I've been doing more of lately.

I guess I'll just start logging my runs again from this week rather than trying to catch up--I'm trying to build up to run a half on March 31 (I'm signed up for the full but for the first time ever I'm not going to be able to do a race that I've signed up for). My body is just not anywhere near 100% right now!

5 on Monday at aerobic pace + strength
5 Tuesday (1 mile to warm up, then 4 miles hard)

No comments:

Post a Comment