Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4/20

I've been keeping track of all my runs on a spreadsheet for the last 8 weeks, so nothing here, but I want to really start working on pace again, which is easier to log here.

So...5 miles today in 44 minutes (water stop at 2.5 and 4, since I got dehydrated during my last couple of runs and threw up). Jogged to warm up (6.3. 6.4, 6.5 for two minutes each) and then did intervals of 4 minutes at 6.6 and 1 minute at 7.5, or what I'm thinking of as "Boston Minutes."

My end goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon, but I'll fully expecting that to take a few years, and I want to lose about 25 lbs so I'm at a better racing weight. Right now I'm up about 9 lbs from where I was last spring (marathon training and nursing were a nice combo that I need to recreate with food choices).

So here it goes. Down the rabbit hole.

5 miles; 8:48/avg pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment