Wednesday, December 5, 2012

19.5 weeks

You guys, I am so slow right now compared to where I used to be!  It's depressing.  Every time I look at my times from my last pregnancy...sigh.

On the bright side...I kept running this week through one of the absolute worst head colds I've ever had in my life (the kids all had croup, but lucky me, I only had the fever and stuffy nose).  I honestly believe that running helped me to get better much faster.

I clocked myself at 9:34 for my four miles on Monday.  Slower tonight, because I was really exhausted (oh look, it's 11:15 PM and I got five hours of sleep last night, no wonder I'm tired!) and I was worried about overheating.  I'm not sure if I'm still feverish but I definitely felt like I was warmer/sweating more than I normally would be at this pace.

Anyway, ran 2.2 miles tonight, stopped for water, ran to 3.1 and stopped for more water, then ran to 4.2 and decided, what the heck, I have nothing better to do and I might as well finish out the 5.  So 5 miles for the first time in quite awhile...I think that's my longest run since a couple of weeks post-race.  About 9:48/mile with all the stops and speeding back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment