Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day weekend

 Wow I'm behind! Busy weekend; we were camping Friday-Monday.

5/27: Friday morning before we left I ran 13.1 (6 miles with a friend, 2.5 with Juliet, and the rest solo). The first 10.5 were at 9:54/mile; the miles with Juliet were much slower (around 12/mile) as I'm trying to get her back into running. Felt pretty rough the first couple miles by myself as I have really been struggling with insomnia and anxiety. 

5/28: Saturday I ran 5.4 miles around the state park where we were camping (very hilly! 9:40/mile) and then hiked 6 miles with all six of our kids + 4 of their friends. Our tent was on a pretty bad slope so I was sore all weekend from sleeping with tensed muscles trying not to roll downhill onto the kids next to me. 

5/29: Sunday I was really feeling it in my hip flexors from the two preceding days' runs so I was glad to have a rest day! I walked 45 minutes early in the morning and then took another 20-minute walk with Neil while we waited for the Dutch ovens to do their thing.

5/30: This morning (Memorial Day) I ran 6.3 miles around the state park again and it was soooo hot and my calves were dying. Just so sore and cramped (it was a really rough night...we went to bed at midnight and then Isaac woke up at 12:30 throwing up, so we didn't sleep much). I had to stop after the first mile to stretch my calves because I was in so much pain. Thankfully they felt a lot better afterwards and I just kept a slower pace with the heat (10:19/mile) and then did 30 min of strength when we got home this afternoon. 

I ran more than I should have this week (my plan had me at 12 miles and I ran 31 plus 4 strength sessions and the bike/yoga), but I was really having a rough one emotionally/mentally and the running helped for sure. It was also nice to run while camping as that was a first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment