Thursday, May 19, 2016

5/19

SRD yesterday; yoga and walking with kids. Also lots of general craziness--it was NOT restful.

10.3 this morning--first 9.3 were a trails link-up that I LOVED but took much longer than I'd anticipated--I'd run 2 of the trails before but the third was so twisty that I seriously got dizzy and nauseated (it was nuts. Just imagine that you run for two feet and then turn sideways to get between two trees, and then immediately turn around and run for four feet in the opposite direction before immediately turning around and running for three feet before doubling back again--repeat for 2 miles. I was blown away by how many miles of trail they fit into such a small space, but they maximized every inch!). Loved the trail overall but I may wait to do it again when I'm not pregnant. 
smile emoticon Anyway, it was muddy enough that I had to walk a few times (started to lose my shoe so I figured I needed to slow down), which added to the darn steep mud-covered hills meant that my average pace was 11:38/mile and I was like, oh crap, running out of time to get my kids from their playdate--so I took a shortcut home through lots of brambles, ran as fast as I could, picked up my kids, then ended up running the last mile up and down my street while I bribed my kids with Popsicles to hang out on the front lawn waiting for me (at least that mile was a little faster--9:13 and my legs were SO heavy!). I really wanted to get to 10--obsessive much? I have a lot to learn about trails timing as compared to road timing--I just always forget how much slower it is on the trails!
Anyway, it was a good kicked-my-butt run and I saw a blue heron, two coyotes, and a deer, so I felt like a semi-legit trail runner. wink emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment